Monday, September 27, 2010

LET'S MAKE CHANGES

Hola!! Its been ages since my last entry..I think..;)) A good day today, bright shiny day. Hot? Of course but rain we also complain what..

Lately I just talked and debated inside my head. When I tried to ‘paint’ the thought out, the inspiration was just not there. So, I loosen up, didn’t want to push my lovely ‘brain’ too much, I just entertained myself by thinking quietly. Like always, observing and trying to look just outside the ‘normal range’. If only this keyboard can be moved just by thinking of each of the words..hehehe...now it comes to lazy level I guess..:))

Until last week, someone share one writing from an Iban female writer, Christina S. Suntai from Sebuyau with me in my facebook’s wall, and I was so intrigued by what she wrote. Not because she is really good (but then, her writing is good ) in it but mostly because she was right from the first words until the last one that she wrote. What did she write about? Again, something that I always like to talked about too, about my own people and the political situation in where we have been since ages ago. Why do I like to talk about politic then? Because nowadays, everything involving politics.

i.e Sibu in flood, blame the politician like he can hold the water from going beyond the river bank. Or am I wrong? But that was what I heard last month when Sibu town and the area next to it was in flood. **shrugging my shoulder**

In an office, people also practise their own politic. Some, even think they are so superior to show off their so called power and played their dirty trick very well to get to where they want to be..erks..that is politic. Like always..dirty!!

Okay, I just want to continue a little bit on Christina writing. She wrote in her first three para;

“The Iban community cannot afford to abandon the BN in the coming state election. To do so will mean they will suffer and be left behind, warned state assemblyman Snowdan Lawan.”

“In order words, if we decided to support the opposition parties, the likes of Snowdan Lawan will lost their positions and prestigious title of Yang Berhormats or Menteris. “

“Is it not our basic rights to have an informed decision before we vote for anyone? The politic of intimidation and division of your father’s time, Donald Lawan is over! This is the 21st Century. You are dealing with highly informed and educated Dayaks.”

Well, she is correct..absolutely correct!! She can talk about it very well because she is in the situation and I know very well too because I am (and a lot more of Ibans too) in the situation also. I am not surprise in everything she said.

These politic people have been from the beginning of the century if anyone can recall, have tried their very best to scared off our old folks in our village or long house by their warning that we will be suffer of will be left behind if we do not choose their party in every coming election but aren’t we suffering now? My long house in Lubok Tugong, in Batang Oya, under Dalat district and Sibu division, until now, I am 30 years old and have three kids already, has no clean water supply and electricity too. We still travel by long boat from Stapang or Nanga Tajam, you choose from where you want to depart, it still will get you ‘sunburn’.

So, on what ground do they think they have any right to tell us on who should we vote or choose to represent us?

Because they gave the long house folks the ‘atap projek’? Or the ‘enjin api’ projek? Or any other ‘wang ehsan’ (they like to give ‘ehsan’)? I am not very much upset by other politicians more than I am with my own people politician or representative. They are my own people but for me, they did nothing for their own people. BUT (again) why do they still can be our representative? That is the one million $ question. Why we still want to hire (the people hire him okay..)him if we got nothing from his service then? How long do we need to wait to see his capability? Another 20 years?

One thing I really don’t understand thou, every time when it come to the election, youngsters ‘shouting’ out loud in the cyber space against this incompetent leaders and we thought that this time, it will change but still, after that, we are back to the square ones when these leaders still there. So, what is wrong? If we want to change, we are the only one who can make the changes.

Now, let’s take it into action this time. If you think that ‘uncle’ will step down willingly, then there must be something wrong with your eyes. We just have enough of him. We do not reject the party but the person, but if the party insisting in keeping him in service, then the party will lose their support. That I am very sure of. We do not hate him out of nothing, we just want changes. It’s nothing personal really..we just need some ‘fresh air’. Enough is just enough. If he is really good, we don’t mind having him longer but still, he had done just too little especially for my own people, Iban. Like what someone said to me last few days, “to get him down his ‘throne’, there is only one way. That is, to change the whole administrator.”

I am sorry, personally, I do respect this ‘uncle’ but please la…people just need new and fresh idea. Why doesn’t he just retire with honor than stubbornly insisting on stay and at the end will bring his party down with him? Why he doesn’t want to give chances to the people that he said he love so much? To the country that he serve so long? For me, to love means to let go too.

When I asked some people on who they place their hope to lead this state in case the opposition does win the next coming election, one name come out frequently and I understand why do this people thinks he can do it (to lead) because he does appear to be competent in doing so in few of the circumstances.

What Christina wrote about the hospital service in Kuching was true to my own experience also (in other district and division) but I rather not talk about government service for the time being because one time ago, someone that I love and mean so much to me has been the victim when I wrote daringly about their system’s lousiness. That is what I meant by office politic just now. These people so mean they will hurt people around you if you speak of their weaknesses. Of course that was unfair but they only care of using their power to maintain their position and to go against anyone that is dare enough to speak about their incompetency. BUT one thing for sure, these people will be very hard to change or improve because they can’t accept others critics. And this kind of people also can’t be counted on to be a community leader because they definitely will be the selfish leader, like most of our leaders nowadays. They will be bound by their own arrogance.

So, lets us all make changes into our own future and our children’s future. Nothing illegal in doing so, so don’t worry. No one can sue you for voting for the opposition. We are not the communist country here.

No comments:

Post a Comment