Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mindset (Part I)

Here I am again, speak out loud through my keyboard..used to say it through my pen..;) Now, I've been thinking of this quite a long time already. I used to debating on this issue whenever I can, with whoever that is willing to share their opinion with me. Well, needless to say, of course there are some pro and contra in everything..never expect everything to be wholly totally right at your side of view only.
What I'm going to talk about might be sensitive to some..but really, my intention is nothing but to put some highlight to this issue that is why, for me the biggest reason why our people is still leave far behind comparing to others.
I am an Iban and am proud to be one. but when I said that Iban's songs need to be more creative, need to be more advance or modern, people said, I am embarass to claim myself as an Iban..that is totally not true. I said, I don't really like Iban's songs because they are not yet come to my standard of hearing..true bah..most of the songs just crap..
I really can't memorize any song properly but too bad, that is because I really don't like it. Normally I will hear about fighting amongst girls to get the guys, how a mother in law really mean to her daughter in law, how a man really want to be young and even if he is old already, still claiming himself a hot guy...eeeiiii..how can I like something sounds like that?
Each time I hear their song, it will about a woman, crying in her song, leaving and cheating by her man.
Okay, maybe if I said the lyrics is terrible, check out the image in their clip. How hard is it or how expensive is it to put on some efforts in the background, may be edit a bit, put on some small effects in it, instead of showing the whole ugly pictures of our place..people will say..wah..they are so modern now la..they are so pandai already, can used the computer effects in their video clip..but the only thing that came out in my mind when I watched their clip is...OMG..the long house looks so terrible, why can't they have a nice long house, a painted ones, the wall can't be more critical than that kah..we have a lots lots of nice and new long houses, with complete facility, with modern look, almost like a terrace house, clean and beautiful.
Why do we want people to say that? Why do we want people to know how far behind are we? Why do we want people to know how poor we are? I am not embarass being an Iban..I am embarassed because we can't think of a simple way to show the world that we are not that bad!! And I am embarassed when i walked on the street and some local Iban guy pheewiiit me eventhough they can see that I am with kids in tow..Helloo..they are our guy..they should protect their girls..same ethnic group but they just make us feel so unsafe.
Know what else that I am embarassed about? I am embarassed when those mothers in Sibujaya, a wife, while their husband is working in the rural area, in the logpond or having seasick in Russia working their ass out as rigger, sending home 3-5k a month to support their family but instead their wife huhuhaha filling their head full with alcohol...my..my..you can't imagine it? but I am not imagining it, I saw it with my own eyes..I am not trying to judging anyone here but really this make me sick. Can you see those poor children left to be independent while their mother spending money on those stupid liquor? So, when the husband come back, they have no saving, they kids will not interested in joining the school anymore. Their teenage daughters is married away or eloped with a guy that they sometimes don't even know where he was came from. What a life?? I will tell you more..not because I want you to know how naive our life is but because I really want to open up some eyes out there..(not that many reading this thou..)
okay..still with the wife alcohol addiction...huhuhaha ..again, bought big car, but just drove it around Sibujaya there each day..spend 1500 just to pay for the instalment..went to their favourite spot, Adong Belalai karaoke..spend another 2-3 hundreds there just in one night..your kids?? no idea of their whereabout...got drunk..then the worst part, fought among each other..this applied to both gender thou. so, this wife, if anything happened to their husband, they instantly drop poor...lots enjoying and showing off, no saving....don't even try it..seriously..
From what I've seen, alcohol is the main reason why we are stucked behind others..Gawai festival, drunk themselves to death...fight for whatsoever reasons...then our kids is watching us making fool of ourselves and in the next generation, they inherit our behaviour...still think I am wrong?
What about this? Some parent, after their kids finished their SPM, immediately commanded (really commanded I tell you..) them to discontinuing study but look for a job..any job, as long as this young immature kids can support them..so they (the parent) can retire at the age 45 and asking their children to send money to them every month..but for SPM, the pay is only about 1000 RM a month..no skills, fresh from school, working as a government servants, okay..give them extra RM1300 monthly...then he will find a wife, having his own kids..still he need to support his old men with that much income. If this poor kids failed in sending them cash..he is bad...realllyyy baadd...Think I am mean??
Now, in a community meeting, a head of the long house..a tuai rumah we call them. the YB will coming next month to our village..so prepare a list what we can ask from them..hmm..guess what? A plastic carpet (tikai in Iban)..maybe a bag or two of concrete to upgrade the front pathway...a generator (after 50 yrs malaysia merdeka we still have no electricity power lel..)..maybe a set of kitchen appliances so when we have any function there is something we can use to cook ...come on la...what about we try this??
(i) Solar system to provide for the electricity power?
-generator, you will need to supply for the diesel and maintenance..
(ii) a school near to your village
- so your kids won't have to travel by bus to another town and staying in boarding school and experience the miserable educational process
(iii) fresh water (if they say hard..ask them to supply for the dipenser lol..)
- so you don't have to drink from those big tank..rain water
(iv) a tractor
_ government keep on encouraging us to have a commercial padi planting...if they know how does it felt to farm by their bare hand, they won't say no..I know how it felt..I've experienced it..
okay..I think is enough that 4..you ask for more, still no guarantee you will get it though..
Some so called community or persatuan or a body whatever you want to call it, not much also we can see from them. women's body (rather not say it in real name)?? the leaders and committees members are those PD's wife, council's wife, pemancha's wife (don't know how to say it English..)..then whenever there is a function...they will invited our Iban singer..*rolled eyes** paid them 2-3k for the day show...again..come on la...why don't they invited those educated women/ladies? someone that is known for her service to the people? if not internationally, maybe just in the district is enough..instead of paying those singer, why not they invite a motivator to share and give motivation..so they can have a more brilliant brain after that?? that 2-3k, why not they used the money and generate it for the purposes of charity? well. ..I'd talk much ..I'd figured too, no one will read this that can really bring any chance thou...
last..for I'm quite tired already...this can be a very long entry but just rest at here for this time. Lets talk about our leader.. LEADERs that has been chosen by people..Iban people..where are they? hellooo...they are rich? not so...they are clever?..not so too..what happen to them? who do they serve actually? the people or the butt of some "flesh eating" group of people that also eat us alive and none of our leaders do anything about it? our land?? our log?? baby logs but also robbed from us and nothing we can do about it because we are so fascinating by the few hundreds the contractor gave us? **rolled eyes again**
okay...need to stop by now..but I will continue on this..just wait..;)

No comments:

Post a Comment